How Do I Lower My Energy Cost?
Small, easy to do changes mentioned below can boost your home’s value.
To make your home more energy efficient:
1. Lower the thermostat on your water heater & also lower thermostat during Winter & raise a little in Summer.
2. Check for air leaking around doors/windows.
3. Close the air vents in rooms not in use.
4. Keep heat producers far from your thermostat in summer.
5. Clean your furnace and air conditioner filters.
6. Operate large appliances during low-use periods in summer.
7. Replace all light bulbs/fixtures with energy saving LED bulbs & request an energy audit.
8. Replace deficient insulation and inefficient appliances.
Check out US Dept. of Housing and Urban Development's EEM Mortgages (for benefits when purchasing a home that is energy efficient or can be made efficient by incorporating energy-saving improvements).