Chester County (Chesco) is a county in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. As of the 2010 census, the population was 498,886. The county seat is West Chester. Chester County was one of the three original Pennsylvania counties created by William Penn in 1682. It was named for Chester, England.
Here are Many Reasons To Live in Chester County.
WHY "LIFE IS GOOD" IN CHESTER COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA ?
Chester County was one of the three original Pennsylvania counties created by William Penn in 1683. It was named for Chester, England.
Chester County has rich history (home to both the Valley Forge encampment, where George Washington led his troops, as well the Brandywine Battlefield, now a historic site and beautiful park commemorating the largest land battle of the American Revolution). Also known for its rolling hills, winding country roads and wide open land.
Small towns such as Kennett Square, Phoenixville and West Chester, and villages such as Chadds Ford, Kimberton are great for raising a family. Their downtowns and main streets are weekend hubs for strolling with friends, grabbing a cup of coffee, warm meal, ice cream or attending seasonal events.
Chester County has so much to offer for history buffs, nature lovers, equestrians and foodies alike. Families and individuals can revel in the well-maintained area parks, including several state recreation areas, like Marsh Creek Park & French Creek State Park. We even have parks for skating and for our dogs.
Local philanthropists and many area landtrusts have worked tirelessly to preserve almost 30 percent of the County and have created numerous nature preserves in the process. Visitors to Chester County can hike, mountain bike, horseback ride, canoe and camp, fish and hunt plus there are plenty of benches for picnics – the County is beautiful in all seasons.
• Best County to Live in PA – 4th best county in USA
• Healthiest County in PA – 2016-2018
• Most Educated population
• Richest County in PA
• Has 10 Most Exciting Places in PA – West Chester #2
• Best College town to live after graduation – West Chester
• Best Places to Live in America according to Money Magazine “West Goshen” and Chesterbrook
• Best Botanical Garden in the US
• Best Urban trail – Schuylkill River Trail
• Top 30 in PA World of Beer, Victory Brewing, Locust Lane, Brick and Brew,Iron Hill, Pour House
• Highest scoring school district in PA - Unionville School
• Best private school in PA – Church Farm School - 10% of PA’s top private schools are in Chester county
• Home to top tech and pioneering companies/organizations making a difference in our lives. – Top Employers: Vanguard, QVC, Siemens/Cerner, Deveraux, Chester County Hospital, Mainline Health Systems, Chester County
• Top 100 nationally for most patents granted
• Mushroom Capital of the world
This is why Chester County is one of the highly desirable places in Pennsylvania and wouldn’t agree with me that “Life is Good in Chester County, Pennsylvania”!
I was recently appointed West Chester Patch Mayor and I have to write on the community and issues facing its residents. I will be going around West Chester and other communities in rest of the Chester County and provide tours of fun places of recreation, sightseeing, entertainment, dining etc. and also interview local business owners, professionals, school administrators and government officials who make this county one of the best places to live and work.
Would appreciate your comments, feedback and do tell me what topics you want me to cover.
Chester County Properties
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Coldwell Banker Preferred participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Preferred are marked with the IDX icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
©2020 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale.
Data last updated: Apr 7, 2020 4:09:pm.